Unique Race...AMAZING Volunteers!
Our AMAZING volunteers are what make Tackle The Trail happen!
Each year, 100+ volunteers come out on the third Saturday of October to support Tackle the Trail. For 2021, 156 volunteers helped ensure a safe and fun race for all. Our volunteers are the reason our tagline “unique race in an amazing place” rings true. Their smiling faces, knowledge of the race, wild cheering and their expressed gratitude makes every single runner feel the love of Northeast Connecticut.
Become a Tackle The Trail Volunteer
Most volunteers will be stationed at one of the 4 relay stations, technical loops, or at the finish line. The average time
commitment is 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. but varies based on assignment. Volunteer assignments include:
• Relay station set-up & clean-up
• Crowd control – keeping the course clear for runners and directing spectators
• Crossing guard – there are 24 road crossings where traffic is stopped for runners
• Parking attendant – direct people to designated parking areas
• Direction guard – directing runners on the trail loops
• Refreshments – setting up the snacks & beverages and handing out water to
The perks of being a Volunteer
Volunteers get tee shirts to wear day of event, SWAG, and free food and beer at the finish line festival!
To learn more or to volunteer for the 2022 race, contact Diana Rose, Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com